Why you need to rebuild hard drive?
After operating your computer for a couple of years, you hard drive becomes as personal as your diary. With passage of time, you gather numerous files from documents to pictures and other information, which is irreplaceable. If the worst thing happens and your hard drive proves a failure, then do not think that your endeavor comes to grinding halt. You can rebuild hard drive. But, at this you need to ask yourself whether you are competent enough to do this. If not, then go through the various steps being mentioned below:
The process of rebuilding a hard drive
- While rebuilding a computer system, the user would be in need of making a backup file containing all the pieces of information. This is achieved by simply making a copy of all data, which is important to the user including internet favorites, music, pictures and documents. This data is storable in another hard drive, CD, DVD or drive and several other devices for storage of data. All files or information in the computer after rebuilding needs to be copied by the user.
- The second step entails location of the required software. The user needs to ensure that all the disks of the operating system are with him/her including all the applications of software, which need to be installed depending on the requirements of the user. The drivers of external devices such as printers are downloadable from the website of manufacturer. You need to make sure that all the serial numbers required in the process of installation of the software are manipulative.
- The user needs to format the hard drive of computer. This process deletes all the stored information in the computer and should be carried out only when all the important data have been copied. You should be sure that software is easily found. Formatting of the hard drive eliminates all the information fed in the drive and cannot be retrieved as soon as it has started formatting. Typically, the procedure of arranging is accomplishable by insertion of the boot plate and afterward writing the ‘format c’.
- When formatting has been done, you should start the process of installation of the software. You need to start with the oldest software and end up with the newer one. This is carried out as the newer one is generally more consistent and remains more updated in creating the issues with the more seasoned one which had been introduced prior. You should be sure of making installations of the all the important drivers. Users may also apply to personalize the settings as required.
- Give back all the copied information as well as other documents to the computer. This entails copying all the pieces of information from the storage device, which had been used in creation of the backup file.
- At last, you should take the test of the application in order to make sure that they are working in a proper way. For this, you need to open the application in order to ensure that they are carrying out work as they should be and there were no such problems during the process of installation. As a result, you will be able to rebuild hard drive more successfully.